The Goal: Every church member complete at least two Servanthood Projects between May 30 and September 5.
The best ideas are the ones you, your family, or small group come up with to meet a real need. But here is a list of suggestions to get you started:
- Mow an elderly neighbor’s yard, change lightbulbs, clean their kitchen
- Buy meals at a fast-food restaurant and give away to those on street corners
- Help box up food at the Southeast Texas Food Bank
- Have a free car wash
- At the Park: Give away ice cream or popsicles, free face painting, give out bottles of water
- Bake cookies for a fire station
- Free dog wash–at the park or your yard
- Feed the homeless under the overpass at MLK and I-10
- Help as needed at Red Cross or Salvation Army
- Clean windshields at local gas stations for free
- Buy cleaning supplies and clean houses at an elderly community on a Saturday morning
- Serve with King’s Club (contact Mollie for details)
- Pick up trash along the road
- Bake goodies and have a free bake “sale” or cookie giveaway
- Volunteer to help with Harvest House Fundraiser July 7
- Provide a meal/snack and/or gift for teachers during in-service at the beginning of school
- Clean out your closets and donate clothes, shoes, and jackets to the Salvation Army or Goodwill
- Canned Food Drive
- Serve food at Some Other Place in Beaumont
- School supply drive
- Put a Blessings Care Package for the Rhodes family together (missionaries to Ukraine)
- Back to School Drive with Some Other Place
- Sponsor or help with a church sponsored block party in your community (more details about coordinated, city-wide block parties coming in July)
Some funds may be available out of the church’s missions fund. If you, your small group, or your family would like assistance funding your servanthood project, please follow the link below to fill out the request form.
We Want To Hear About It
This summer, our goal is to intentionally go and be the Church in our community. We've challenged every church member to join the Lord in the work He's doing in our community by serving in at least two different ways throughout the summer. We want to hear stories from you of how God has moved!
Did you take any photos or videos? Upload them here so we can share them with the church! (Must be 10MB or less) Click on the button below to share your stories and images.